Thursday, January 26, 2012

High Fiber Yogurt - 4.5 points

Great breakfast. High in fiber and very high in protein.You might want to grind the seeds in a coffee grinder, if the texture of small seeds bothers you.
OOPS, I forgot to mention that if you use plain Greek yogurt, as I suggest below, you may want to add 1/4-1/2 cup of applesauce to sweeten the yogurt a little more.

4.5 points & 8.5 grams of fiber


8 oz Greek Yogurt plain nonfat - 3 points
1 tbsp golden flax seeds - 1.5 points
1/2 cup raspberries - 0 points
1/2 cup blueberries - 0 points

Crush a few berries in the bottom of your bowl. Add flax and yogurt. Mix well. Add the rest of the fruit.
Mix all well. Enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. Can you taste the flax seed? I made a mistake of making a smoothie with flax seed and thats all I tasted YUCK!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can taste it some, that's why I recommend golden flax. It tastes better. lol. Almost nutty in flavor. But it doesn't overtake the flavor, in my opinion, if you add the berries. Just be sure to keep the amount of flax to 1 tbsp or it will be too much.

    ReplyDelete